What’s Different About Pat?
- Pat Answers her phone. It’s always in her pocket. Exceptions are when she’s at Kennedy Center, church or with a client. And even when she can’t pick up, she returns her calls quickly.
- She studied negotiating at the State Department. She got to watch diplomats from all over the world whittle down big differences to reach agreements. And that’s what real estate is really all about.
- Pat has over three decades of experience. Licensed in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia, she knows the territory.
Pat’s Professional Background
• She’s been a full time Realtor since 1983. She is licensed in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia, working mostly inside the Beltway.
• Pat has written extensively about real estate. She’s the author of The Irreverent Guide to Real Estate. She blogs for fun and has written for the Washington Post’s popular column, “Where We Live”.
• Before real estate, Pat was a senior staffer at the former Civil Aeronautics Board. Her staff drafted the federal regulations covering an airline’s responsibility toward passengers for lost luggage, oversold flights, delays and cancellations and other travel woes. Most of these regulations survived airline deregulation.
• Pat was the associate director of Ralph Nader’s Aviation Consumer Action Project. She served on Department of State teams that negotiated aviation treaties with Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Israel. She was a frequent guest on the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour and was the subject of a Time Life TV Documentary on “A Day in the Life of a Nader’s Raider:’
• Pat attended the Peabody Conservatory of Music in Baltimore and has a Bachelor’s degree from Hunter College with a double major in Political Science and Flute. She studied flute with Britten Johnson, Julius Baker and Jean-Pierre Rampal and has played professionally with a number of area chamber groups, including the Washington Bach Consort, the Wolf Trap Chamber Players and the Masterworks Chorus Orchestra
If you’re looking for a real estate agent, let’s talk. We can meet to discuss your vision for your next home and make a plan to get you there.
Contact me to get in touch.
As a real estate agent who puts clients first, I look forward to hearing from you.